May 22 – 28, 2022
A Week of Yoga, Community, Peace, Freedom, Laughs and Love
Join world-renowned yoga teachers Eric Paskel and Rina Jakubowicz on a one week adventure of groundedness, love, and connection through the tropical paradise of Chácala, Mexico.
Enjoy exotic beaches, views, philosophy, yoga and so much more! Between the two of them, you will be loved, supported, and transformed with more peace of mind from the challenges we’ve all been facing during these past few crazy years. This week will rejuvenate you and make you feel alive in a way that you’ve been craving for a long time.
Rina and Eric will help you create one of the most profound and uplifting experiences of your life. Those experiences, friends and teachings will not be left in Mexico. You will leave with tools, friends and connections to help guide you for years to come.
This is your time to let go, find some peace of mind and grow!
OUR LUXURY YOGA RESORT
This location is the most dynamic location we’ve been to with breathtaking ocean and mountain views, an unobstructed magical sunset view every evening during dinner, an intimate pristine beach, a pool and jacuzzi overlooking the beach, multiple yoga spaces, and unique rooming options.
Do not let anything stand in your way of doing extraordinary things and living your extraordinary life. After all, your peace of mind comes from within.
Testimonial from Retreat Goer in May 2021:
“I‘m glad I had this time with you all in Mexico. It was definitely worth the trip. As I said in the closing circle I didn‘t know what and who to expect but it was great. Everybody was so nice and warm-hearted so that one could feel safe. And you and Eric definitely made it special. I loved the daily yoga classes, the great excursions and just your being. Thanks for sharing your personal stories. You are so caring and I love how joy of life is just flowing out of you. I hope I can be on one of your trips again some day. Also thank you for taking me to Sayulita for the test. That was so kind of you. And we made some great memories there. 🙂 This as well as the whole trip made me feel more confident about myself and my body. I‘ve planned for so many years to walk around in crop tops but I didn’t dare. But now I’m gonna proudly wear my bodacious crochetous top this summer! ? I could go on and on but as you can see I had a great time. Thank you.”
YOGA WITH RINA AND ERIC
While Rina and Eric have different yoga teachings styles they are both based on the fundamentals of yoga philosophy while embedding the poses and physical practice in a challenging and fun way.
Eric Paskel is known for his rock ’n roll personality in the normally quiet world of yoga. His classes bring high energy and introspection all while jamming out to an amazing playlist that you’ll surely want to steal from him yourself. He is an international yoga teacher, marriage-family and child counselor, and motivational speaker. He has been a teacher of teachers since 1999, presenting at Yoga Journal Conferences, Kripalu Center, Bhakti Yoga Fest, Wanderlust, Telluride Yoga Festival and the Southeast Yoga Festival. Eric has also taken his brand of yoga around the globe, conducting teacher trainings, retreats and workshops in Russia, Mexico, Costa Rica, India and Belize.
Rina’s classes, while technically traditional, are also fun-loving and non-competitive with Sun Salutations, standing postures, leg balancing, arm balancing, back bends, hip-openers and all-level inversions. Combining breath with movement, we will focus on developing the core from within; weaving philosophy and the physical together to ground ourselves in higher ideals and deeper into our bodies.
Together, Eric and Rina compliment one another well in a way that makes you feel that you’re getting a beautiful balance of masculine and feminine energy. You’ll tap into your own energy and connect with the techniques taught in order to feel uplifted, relaxed, inspired & ready to live your most peaceful life right now! Because after all, living peacefully comes from within.
* All practices are open to all levels from beginners to more advanced yogis.
A FINE TASTE OF MEXICO AND BEYOND
Meals at Mar de Jade are a favorite of their guests! Delicious and well-balanced buffet-style meals are served three times daily in our open-air dining room overlooking Chacala bay.
Every dish is made daily from scratch using fresh ingredients from their Organic Farm. Their menu is inspired by traditional Mexican cuisine and international flavors, and features vegan, and optional gluten-free dishes.
Throughout the day visit the snack bar at any time to enjoy coffee, tea, fruit, bread, and their stellar homemade organic peanut butter and mango marmalade. You can even purchase a jar to take home with you!
Their kitchen is happy to accommodate your dietary restrictions and food allergies, if given advance notice. All of their raw foods are carefully disinfected and washed with purified water. Free purified water is available at stations throughout the grounds.
RETREAT PRICING INCLUDES:
• Eco-Chic Beach hotel accommodations ( 2-4-person occupancy; single available and specific upgrades like ocean views at higher rate)Inquire about rooms available.
• Transportation to and from airport** (Fly into Puerto Vallarta Airport – PVR)
• Daily yoga classes and casual lectures on philosophy and life
• A world-class beautiful yoga room
• Open-air seaside dining hall
• Beach-front lounging area with hammocks and loungers.
• Whirlpool/steam room access with jacuzzi
• An adventurous excursion from paradise to paradise
• Three healthy and delicious yummy buffet-style meals daily
• Group activities involving fun and bonding
• Wi-Fi internet access
• Making new friends and deepening your connection to yourself!
**Specific transportation time slots given.
- Yoga Classes
- Philosophy Lectures
- Spa Access
- Town Trip
- Live Music
- Sweat Lodge
- Town School Trip
- Farm Trip
*Activities are available at the resort but not all are included in the retreat rate.
Look above for what’s included.
A TYPICAL DAY*
- Morning Yoga
- Excursion or Open Time
- Open Time
- Philosophy Lecture
- Evening Yoga
*Surprises are scheduled during the week so not every day is the same.
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
Check in: Sunday, May 22, 2022 around 4pm
Check out: Saturday, May 28, 2022 around 9am
Mar de Jade website has all the accommodation information available here.
The Covid testing policies as stated by the CDC and US Immigration are rapidly evolving.
At present, there is no required negative Covid test result, nor proof of vaccination requirement to enter Mexico or stay at Mar de Jade resort.
You will be required to bring a mask (likely needed on the plane) and possibly needed in some common areas of the resort.
To return to the US, you currently need to present a negative Covid test result taken within 24 hours of departure. There are 3 options to meet this requirement:
1) Testing at the PVR airport. I do not recommend this because you will be at the mercy of the authorities testing there. If you should have a positive result, you will immediately have to quarantine and we can be of no assistance at the airport.
2) Testing at the Mar de Jade resort. The staff will bring a professional from a local testing lab to execute the test. They will provide the necessary documentation needed for US immigration. This costs approximately $100 or less, paid in cash by each client. (In the extremely unlikely event of a positive result, they can retest and/or you still have lodging at a safe and welcoming place)
3) Bring a new/unused rapid Covid test to Mexico. There is a procedure to call tele-health where they will observe each client taking their test and will certify the results. We have no experience with this, but it is cost effective. We cannot vouch for its efficacy.
*Note the CDC will be reviewing mask mandates on planes and the Covid testing requirements. A decision will be announced on or before April 18th. There is heavy speculation that the requirements will be dropped.