Introducing Superyogis’ Schoolhouse, Rina Yoga’s pioneering yoga-inspired curriculum for kids and teens that teaches them life skills, coping mechanisms, movement, values and most importantly, fun!
Superyogis’ Schoolhouse Mission:
To help kids empower themselves by teaching them life skills like:
1. how to focus
2. healthy coping skills
3. how to communicate better
4. tangible yoga practices for daily life challenges
ALL WITH A LOT OF LOVE and TONS OF FUN!
UPCOMING TRAINING DETAILS:
OPTION 1: Dates: Friday, April 21 – Sunday, April 23
Location: Yoga Journal Live in New York City
Rate: $750 includes training and additional assignments to complete certification with Yoga Alliance.
*** Super Yogis Schoolhouse is coming to Los Angeles CA this summer! Click below for more details and to download your application today!! ***
OPTION 2: Dates: Friday, June 9 – Sunday, June 11, 2017
Time: 1pm-9pm (Friday & Saturday) and 9am-6pm (Sunday)
Location: Electric Soul Yoga in LA (Los Angeles, CA)
We are pleased to announce the three-day kids yoga training with Rina Jakubowicz—Super Yogis Schoolhouse Training: a 3-day program for school teachers, yoga teachers, moms, dads, and anyone who wants to more fully connect to kids. You will be in an intimate group of students focusing on Super Yogis Schoolhouse Mission: To help kids empower themselves by teaching them valuable life skills as taught by the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and Rina’s teacher, Swami A. Parthasarathy.
Training Includes Lecture, Interactive Discussions, Some Asana and Play Time
1) Learn techniques and lesson plans built around helping kids develop greater focus, healthy coping skills, improved communication, and tangible yoga practices for daily life challenges–all with a lot of LOVE and tons of FUN!
2) Understand the fundamentals of class management and how to guide a class efficiently.
3) Learn the importance of assessing the different age ranges and how to target them differently according to their capacity.
4) Explore fun games, stories, and poses to teach the kids in order to make learning fun and relevant.
5) Connect to your deeper self and your own inner child so that you can better understand kids and ultimately serve them with authenticity.
6) Discover truths about yourself that you might never have expected by taking this course.
What to Expect
This 3-day training is Part One of your certification process. If you choose to become a certified teacher through the Yoga Alliance then you have to follow through with Part Two of the training. This requires additional work and contact with Rina after this weekend training is completed. You will have 6 months to finish the assignments and program in order to become a Certified Children’s Yoga Teacher. If you choose to not do Part Two, then you can teach Kids Yoga with whatever you’ve learned but you won’t become certified.
To receive a Yoga Alliance Certification of Children’s Registered Yoga Teacher (CRYT) you must do the following:
Part 1: Complete Super Yogi’s Schoolhouse In-Person Training with Rina Jakubowicz (3 days, 24 hours of training and learning with Rina, Certified CRYT and lead instructor)
Rate: $750 Early Bird // $950 Regular Rate
- Baby or 5-year old picture of yourself
- The Fall of the Human Intellect by A. Parthasarathy (available on Amazon)
- Choose Peace: A Practical Guide into Consciousness by Rina Jakubowicz (available on Amazon)
Part 2 (included in the rate above): You will be assigned additional assignments which must be completed 6 months from last day of the 3-day, in-person training. (f you need additional time, it must be requested in writing prior to 6-month mark).
Times: You make up your own schedule to complete assignments as needed
Location: Your home.
Rate: No additional cost (included in Part 1 of training). If assignments are not completed within the allotted time, you may be asked to redo the physical part of the training in order to complete certification process for Yoga Alliance.
- Super Yogis Schoolhouse Manual (provided)
- The Fall of the Human Intellect by A. Parthasarathy
- Choose Peace: A Practical Guide into Consciousness by Rina Jakubowicz
Sneak Peak into some of our training lesson plan for the weekend:
- The Super Yogis mission
- Defining education and relating it to yoga
- What is yoga according to ancient texts?
- Tap into our inner child with an activity.
- Different learning styles for kids.
- Svadharma vs. Paradharma for kids.
- Watch a movie that pieces this all together in a powerful way. (I think ever parent and teacher should watch this movie in order to understand the challenges of children better.)
- Paths of yoga.
- What is kids yoga?
- Super yogis guidebook curriculum including the 8 limbs of yoga taught in a kid-friendly manner and terminology.
- Lesson plan breakdown, sample and outline.
- Age differences and how to approach a class accordingly.
- Learning observation techniques necessary for a class setting and beyond.
- Observe me teach a sample kids yoga class. (Assuming we get a few kids to sign up for the sample class.)
- Learning communication techniques from an extensive tool kit.
- Discuss the 18 yoga themes laid out for the typical 18 weeks of a semester in school. For both younger kids and teens.
- Some other interactive activities to help illustrate what’s needed in a kids yoga class.
- Classroom ethics and teacher code of conduct.
And many more surprises, learning and fun!!!
Private Facebook Group Community + Coaching
Upon enrollment you will be admitted to the private Facebook group where we will build community, share our thoughts, and talk with the group as we come closer to the live event. We will also keep sharing after the training for those who are continuing the process to becoming certified teachers.
Curious if this is the right program for you? Rina would love to connect with you. Email us here.
$950 for 24 hours of in-person training over three days followed by a personal one-on-one session with Rina. Additional work required to complete certification process.
SUPER YOGIS KIDS & TEENS CLASS
Rina Jakubowicz designed the Super Yogis Teens class as a place for teens to get together and share similar issues. We explore how to be more peaceful and grounded with practical life skills taught in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. The teens are given healthy tools that help them decrease their stress in addition to helping them cope with certain emotions that they might otherwise turn to drugs, drinking or any other unhealthy scapegoat for. Giving them an open forum to completely be themselves without judgments or expectations has proven to bring them a breath of fresh air and help them be their true age. For Rina, it has been a blessing to give them that opportunity – one she wishes she had in high school herself. The class consists of interactive discussions, breathing exercises, meditation and physical practice (asana.)
WANT TO BRING THE SUPER YOGIS’ SCHOOLHOUSE TRAINING
TO YOUR STUDIO OR SCHOOL?
Schedule a training in your hometown today! Email email@example.com for more information on Rina’s schedule and how to start this process.
LIKE US on Facebook
Check out Coral Gables TV’s story on our program!
All learning is based on fun, feeling empowered and being uplifted!
5 Reasons Why Your Child Will Love This New Approach to Fun and Learning!
- It’s fun and freeing… kids explore in new directions.
- It’s interactive… kids have the opportunity to build new friendships and strengthen older ones.
- It’s heart warming… kids have the opportunity to shift from “me” to “we”, feeling supported and accepted at all times.
- It’s healthy… kids get to exercise their heart as well as their head, their body, their creativity and their spirit.
- It’s mindfully-disciplined… kids learn that their focus of control is within themselves.
“I am so excited to have created a learning environment that I would’ve liked to have gone to when I was that age. And now that I have the yoga background I can teach kids some of these life lessons, but in a fun and supportive environment. Really empowering them to live a way a life that serves them and others mutually.”
– Rina Jakubowicz
Testimonials for Superyogis’ Schoolhouse
Check out a mom blogger’s blogpost about Super Yogis’ Schoolhouse here.
“The first time Rina met my youngest son Jordan, who is an infant, I really could not hold my tears because his reaction to just hearing her voice made my heart happy. He would just look at her and smile. I’ve always felt that children are so innocent and genuine and my boys are totally drawn to her. My oldest son, he’s 6, loves Rina- he’s always interested in learning about my “cool yoga moves” which inevitably gets him involved. It’s a win/win for me, I get to practice with my boys and he stays active! He’s even “OMMM” with me before. I cannot explain the gratitude I have for Rina and all that I’ve learned from her and now being able to pass along to my kids is truly a special gift.”
As a child psychologist, a Rina Yoga student, a mother, and a longtime friend of Rina, I wanted to write this testimonial to express my admiration and support for Rina Jakubowicz’ Superyogis’ Schoolhouse. It is our job as parents, caregivers, and educators to preserve in children what they are born into this world already knowing; that true joy and well-being comes from the synchronicity of the mind and body. A child whose mental, emotional, and physical states are in harmony is able navigate their personal, social, academic, and spiritual world with grace and confidence. Rina’s Super Yogis’ Schoolhouse provides children with all the tools necessary to obtain this harmony and instills in children a lifelong appreciate for self and others as well as vital tools for self-regulation. It is a true blessing that she is providing this service for our community and I cannot wait to send my own son there. The benefits of attending her school are endless and the lessons learned can help reduce aggression, bullying, emotional disorders, poor self-esteem, and behavioral problems. Thank you Rina for making the world a better place through your dedication to our children.”